Information Technology Specialist (Kitchener, Ontario)
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementation and operation of a wide variety of information systems and networks. Your drive and passion for all things technology will help you to achieve long-term success in this award winning company. This role will be customer facing at least 50% of the time. Rotating on-call will be required.
Qualifications - Experience and Education
The successful candidate will have demonstrated professional success in the Information Technology field. You will also have a diploma or degree in a relevant program from a recognized post secondary institution.
Soft Skills Summary
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required
- The ability to make/execute decisions and set priorities without direct supervision or in a team
- Knowledge and experience with project management is an asset
- Experience maintaining documentation and diagrams using tools like MS Word and Visio
- Exceptional customer service and technical support skills
- Experience providing pre-sales technical design and support would be an asset
- A demonstrated ability to build solutions and troubleshoot problems in a demanding, fast-paced mission critical environment
- Must pass a police or criminal history check and hold a valid Ontario driver’s license - Daily travel between locations in South and Mid-Western Ontario may be required
- This position requires a combination of sitting, standing, walking and light to moderate lifting
Technical Skills Summary
- A strong knowledge of database systems including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS-SQL, etc.
- Experience managing and customizing Windows-based CRM/Accounting systems
- Software Development experience would be a strong asset in this role
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into very creative and functional technical solutions
- A demonstrated knowledge of both LAN and WAN networking protocols (both Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Understanding of TCP/ IP protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, MPLS, VLAN, IPSec, L2TP, etc.
- Wide knowledge of Internet related protocols such as IMAP, POP, SMTP, HTTP, DNS etc.
- Experience working with a variety of networking hardware from different vendors
- Experience with telephony, Voice Over IP (VoIP), SIP and software-based PBXes, related peripherals
- Knowledge of SNMP based network monitoring and management systems like Nagios are an asset
- Knowledge and experience supporting PC Server, Desktop and Laptop hardware
- Deployment of operating systems such as Windows, Windows Server, Linux, other UNIX variants
- Server and workstation virtualization experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of wireless protocols would be an asset.