Wireless Broadband Technician (Various Locations – Ontario)
The successful candidate will be responsible for installation and operation of a wide variety of wireless broadband systems. Your drive and passion for all things technology will help you to achieve long-term success in this award winning company. This role will be customer facing at least 50% of the time. After hours on-call will be required.
Qualifications - Experience and Education
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience installing wireless broadband systems. Professional certifications would be an asset. Climbing safety certifications are required.
Soft Skills Summary
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required
- The ability to make/execute decisions and set priorities without direct supervision or in a team
- Experience maintaining documentation and diagrams
- Exceptional customer service and technical support skills
- Experience working in a demanding, fast-paced mission critical environment
- Must pass a police or criminal history check and hold a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Some daily travel between locations in South and Mid-Western Ontario may be required
- This position requires a combination of sitting, standing, climbing, walking and moderate to heavy lifting
Technical Skills Summary
- Experience working with wireless broadband hardware from different vendors
- Experience managing or operating a Wide Area Wireless Broadband network would be ideal (ie. Municipal network, public safety network, education wireless networks, WISP networks, etc.)
- Mechanical abilities and aptitude will assist candidate with equipment installation
- Experience installing CAT5/CAT6 cabling, terminating and certifying connections. Fiber experience would be an asset.
- Experience installing racks, UPSes, power systems and other site components
- Experience installing microwave radios, antennas and related components
- Tower climbing experience and certification is required. This job involves climbing and outdoor work on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of Site Installation Best Practices including Cable Management, Labeling, etc.
- Must have the ability to scope an installation and accurately describe equipment and installation requirements. Pre-sales experience would be an asset.
- A knowledge of both LAN and WAN networking protocols (both Layer 2 and Layer 3) would be an asset
- Other duties and special assignments as assigned.